Dear Onsite Faculty,
We are writing to let you know that individualized support is now available from Faculty Evaluation and Coaching staff to help you teach your classes using Zoom. We are ready to jump in to provide one-on-one assistance to enable you to feel more confident using Zoom.
We encourage you to attend a group training first (see schedule below), and then if you would like to request additional support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, department, email address and phone number.
Here are some of the things we can help you with:
- Provide practice with a coach in hosting and managing a Zoom meeting--before you host your own class.
- Review how to present visuals, slideshows, videos, demos with screen sharing.
- Review how to manage the class, such as, avoiding having student interruption issues, muting participants, selecting views, etc.
- How to post material in the LMS online course, such as assignment guidelines, reference images and links.
- Review where to post your Meeting ID (Meeting Room link).
- Go over how students are to find the meeting address, post their assignments in the Discussion area and where students can go to for technical help—to prepare in the case questions come up from students
- Review and troubleshoot typical technical issues that may come up.
If you haven't yet participated in one of the group trainings, here is the schedule for the remainder of the week. Please use this meeting link at any of the times below: https://art.zoom.us/my/kkoczela
Thursday, March 12 10:00am and 6:00pm
Friday, March 13 2:00pm
Please contact us as soon as possible! We look forward to helping you and are committed to your success.
Faculty Evaluation and Coaching