|View / Download|
The Academy has a program which allows eligible classifications of employees to take one Undergraduate course (on-site or online) at the Academy free of tuition charge every semester. All employees are limited to taking only one (1) online course per semester, whether paid for by the employee or covered under this tuition remission policy. Academy students will always have first priority to enroll in courses each semester.
- The program allows eligible classifications of employees to waive tuition for one 3-unit undergraduate course every semester.
- All application fees, registration fees, and additional materials/course fees are the responsibility of the employee.
- The following classification of employees are eligible to participate in this program:
- Full time staff employees working 40 hours per week
- Full time and part time faculty teaching at least one course for the entire semester
- Part time lab technicians who work for the entire semester
- Part time Educational Support staff and faculty working a minimum of 20 hours per week for the entire semester
- Only one 3-unit course tuition waiver will be granted in any given semester.
- In order to have tuition waived, the 3-unit course must be taken in the same semester in which the employee is working at the Academy. This means that:
- There are no ‘credits’ given for future semesters in which the employee will not be working full time.
- The 3-unit course tuition waiver does not roll over from one semester to another. Employees may not ‘save up’ course credits for future semesters.
- Employees must register for the course at least two working days prior to the semester start but no sooner than one week prior to the start of the semester.
- The 3-unit course may only be used by the employee. The course may not be assigned, sold or transferred to another individual.
- Employee Termination: Employees will not be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses related to the course, if prior to completing coursework they terminate voluntarily or are terminated for not fulfilling job responsibilities or for violating expected rules of conduct.
We hope that you will take advantage of this program and experience some of the Academy’s wonderful course offerings first-hand.
To enroll in a course, please contact the Student Services Department at 415-618-6437.