Resources specifically for ONLINE Instructors:
- Standards for Online Instructors
- Preparing for Online Teaching
- Navigating the Online Learning System
- Announcements & Policies
- Instructor Presence
- Communicating Online
- Managing Your Online Discussion
- Online Critique & Feedback
- Grading Online
- Online Teaching Tips & Best Practices
- Online Teaching Challenges
- Building an Online Class
- Online Student Academic Support (OSAS)
Online Teaching Blog
Teaching online this semester? This checklist will help keep you on track!
- Fall classes begin Thursday, September 5.
- Fall Art Experience classes begin Saturday, October 5.
Download the Online Module Calendar.
#1 — Get familiar with the Academy's Online Teaching Standards.
#2 – Review the most recent updates to the online learning system.
#3 – Review the Workday requirements for reporting your hours (for part-time employees only).
#4 – Plan your time.
Please Note: This semester, Thursday, November 28 - Sunday, December 1, is the Thanksgiving holiday. Online classes resume on Monday December 2.
#5 – Clarify and post your expectations.
New requirements for all online instructors:
Be sure your posted policies/expectations also include:
#6 – Make your class student-ready.
#7 – Get students talking.
#8 – Take care of administrative tasks.
#9 – Set up an online office (optional).
#10 – Get some support.