Let’s begin with a few basic things about how this class will run, just to make sure we're all on the same page:
- Since I work at a computer during the day, I'll usually take a peek into the class a couple of times a day (Monday-Saturday) to make sure there are no fires. If there's anything urgent, I'll try to address it right away. I will not be checking into the class on Sundays, however, so please make sure you post any urgent questions before Saturday.
- If I need to let you know about any urgent issues that affect the whole class, I will post an announcement. Please be sure you read all announcements carefully!
- Please use my offices (public and private) to communicate with me, instead of using the Mailbox. Here are some more details about where to ask any questions you might have:
- Use my public office to post all your questions about the process, procedures, or content of this class — including questions about assignments — so that my answers can benefit other students who have the same questions. I expect you all to keep up with the information posted in my office, so that we'll all be on the same page regarding issues and changes in the class. Please make a point of checking that space regularly.
- If you need to communicate with me privately, please post a note in my private office.
- If you have technical or administrative questions about the class, please contact the Online Help Desk.
One of the most important things you can do in this or any class is to let me know if ever you're confused or frustrated or having some sort of difficulty. I will always be glad to do what I can to help you succeed, but you must also take responsibility for your own learning. Don't dilly-dally if something's going wrong: please contact me, so we can figure out together what to do.