Have questions about online teaching? Confused about how some of the online tools work? Need tips on best practices in online classes? Want to share ideas with other online instructors? Instructional Development staff host regular online workshops, where you have a chance to talk with your colleagues and get answers to your teaching questions.
Unless otherwise noted, these sessions are offered in a live web conference. Scroll down to see details on how to participate.
Upcoming Events (Spring 2012)
- Workshop: Your Teaching Philosophy & Style
Wednesday, 4/25, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m., PDT.
Thursday, 4/26, 2:30 - 4:00 p.m., PDT
Space for workshops is limited: please RSVP to email@example.com, if you want to participate
- Q&A for Online Instructors (general) (Tuesday, 5/8, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m., PDT.)
- Q&A for New Online Instructors (Wednesday, 5/9 9:00 - 1:00 a.m., PDT)
How to Participate:
- You will need a web browser and a telephone.
- In addition, we would like to use video conferencing for as many people as possible. So if you have a webcam, we hope you will consider participating via video. (WARNING: Yes, this means that you will be on camera! :)
- To enter the session, go to: https://live4.academyart.edu/jmichael and log in as a guest.
- Please log in 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the session, so we can address any technical issues---and so the meeting can begin on time. Thank you for your consideration!
- You’ll find information about the teleconference inside the meeting site.
- If you will be connecting to the online meeting from outside the US and need a local phone number to call, please contact Angela Short (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance, so she can make the necessary arrangements.
Please note: We will be recording these sessions and will make the recordings available for on-demand viewing.