Have questions about online teaching? Confused about how some of the online tools work? Need tips on best practices in online classes? Want to share ideas with other online instructors? Instructional Development staff host regular online workshops, where you have a chance to talk with your colleagues and get answers to your teaching questions.
Unless otherwise noted, these sessions are offered in a live web conference. Scroll down to see details on how to participate.
Upcoming Events (Fall 2012) | Past Events
Building Great Rubrics
Solid rubrics improve teaching and learning, but incomplete rubrics can lead to confusion for both teachers and students. Familiarize yourself with good rubric development practice as well as common pitfalls at this workshop. Natasha Haugnes and Jennifer Russell (Faculty Development) will also share some of the research that they have done on rubrics at the AAU and will answer questions about the current Rubrics Initiative at the AAU. Space for these sessions is limited: please RSVP to email@example.com, if you want to participate.
- Tuesday, 11/13, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m., PT
- Wednesday, 11/14, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m., PT
Q&A for New Online Instructors
- Wednesday, 12/5, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m., PT
Q&A for Online Instructors
- Thursday,12/6, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m., PT
Video Recordings of Past Events
Fall teaching expo 2012
- Teaching Style
- What & How to Grade
- Are your Students Learning from your Feedback?
- Using 'Sticky' Ideas to Create Memorable Lectures & Discussions
- Managing Your Online Discussion
- Responding to Challenging Students
- Teaching Writing Online
- Working with ESL Students