As we near the end of the semester, invite your students to think back over what they learned in your class.
Open the conversation
You could open a discussion in Module 14 and invite students to comment on such questions as:
- What were your personal learning goals for this class? Have you met them? Why or why not?
- What was the most important concept or skill you learned in this class?
- What did you find most challenging this semester? What did you find most rewarding?
- What do you think you need to learn next?
- What classes are you taking next and how will what you learned in this class help?
Encouraging students to take note of how far they have progressed helps them to see their work in the context of their overall educational goals, and it may also help them to write a more thoughtful (and useful) evaluation of your class.