Have questions about online teaching? Confused about how some of the online tools work? Need tips on best practices in online classes? Want to share ideas with other online instructors? Instructional Development staff host regular online workshops, where you have a chance to talk with your colleagues and get answers to your teaching questions.
Unless otherwise noted, these sessions are offered in a live web conference. Scroll down to see details on how to participate.
Workshops are FREE, but space is limited. RSVP to email@example.com to reserve your spot!
Upcoming Events | Past Events
- Q&A for New Online Instructors
Wednesday, 12/9, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. (PST)
| Recordings & Resources from Past EventsQuick Tip Videos | top of page
- Recordings from the Fall Teaching EXPO Anywhere
- Assessing Art
- Successful Critique in the Online System
- Strategies for Teaching Group Directed Study Classes (801)
Mastering the Online Grading Tools (for NEW online teachers)
Setting Up Your Online Discussion (for NEW online teachers)
- Advanced Tips & Tricks for Online Teachers
- Finding Calm Amidst Your Online Life
- Helping Students Conquer Procrastination
- Teaching How to Learn
- Engaging Your Absent / Silent / Invisible Students
- Teaching the Creative Process
- Crafting Effective Critique Feedback
- Making Your Online Time Count
- Connecting Online Students with the Support They (don’t know they) Need
Fall teaching expo 2012
- Teaching Style
- What & How to Grade
- Are your Students Learning from your Feedback?
- Using 'Sticky' Ideas to Create Memorable Lectures & Discussions
- Managing Your Online Discussion
- Responding to Challenging Students
- Teaching Writing Online
- Working with ESL Students