The Online Education Department continues to enhance and update the Academy's online learning system.
Here's a list of what has changed since the start of the spring semester — with links to the blog posts that explain the changes in greater detail:
- You can now choose whether you start from your Home page or from the Portal page, when you log into the online learning system. Learn More: Where do you want to land?
- Freehand drawing, straight line/arrow, rectangle, and ellipse tools are now available in . These new tools enhance your options for marking up student images. Learn More: New "Notes" drawing tools! (includes tutorials)
- The Home Page enhancements continue! Learn more: Check out the new carousel!
- Instructors can now activate online discussions for their onsite classes — including setting up global topics. Learn more: Online discussions for onsite classes? Yes!
- A new tool allows students to mark their post or comment as a question for the instructor — and this sends you a notification. Learn more: Your students have questions!
- Instructors are discovering the best ways to use the tagging tool. Learn more: To tag or not to tag? | More tips for tagging
If you've been away from online teaching for more than a semester, you might want to check out these posts, as well:
- Back in the saddle again...
- New for Spring 2017
- New for Fall 2017 in your Online Classes
- Start-of-semester checklist (Summer 2017)